Sports Coordinator -Part Time
With more than 60,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Job Title: Sports Coordinator
Branch: Upper Main Line YMCA
Location: Berwyn, PA
Shifts/Availability: Part Time
Starting Pay: $16.00- $18.00/ hour
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
Position Purpose: The Upper Main Line YMCA is looking for an experienced Sports Program Coordinator to assume leadership role, including administrative, programmatic, and delivery of specialized programs in accordance with YMCA program quality standards while maintaining competitive industry viability.
- Hire, train, support, evaluate and supervise program staff and program volunteers in specialty field.
- Plan, organize, and lead specific activities and/or events for all participants.
- Assist with the development and marketing of program promotion pieces.
- Establish, organize and maintain program schedules and record, i.e., attendance records, league, dance company and/or or program rosters.
- Instruct program participants across specialty field as needed.
- Manage and maintain all equipment.
- Communicate effectively and timely with program participants and parents.
- Ensure all children are picked up by parent.
- Promote other YMCA programs by handing out brochures, answering questions, or referral to appropriate person.
- Perform any duties deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Specialized certifications or bachelor’s degree in program area required
- 3 years of experience in specialty program coordination required, 5 years highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and teach skills
- Impeccable organizational skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and trainings within 90 days of hire
Making a difference in a person’s life every day
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Working for a diverse and inclusive community based non-profit
Free individual membership (or discounted family membership), valid with active employment and includes program discounts throughout the YMCA of Greater Brandywine Association
- Pay Type Hourly
- Upper Main Line YMCA, 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd., 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd, Berwyn, Pennsylvania, United States of America