Program Coordinator - Senior Center
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Founded in 1852, YMCA Buffalo Niagara is the second-oldest YMCA in the United States and one of the oldest institutions in Western New York. As a charitable, community-based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, YMCA Buffalo Niagara serves the Western New York community with six membership branches, two overnight camps, and over 50 program locations. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay - each year, more than 2,800 children and families benefit from our annual campaign, which provides over $1.4 million in financial aid to those who wish to participate in YMCA programs such as child care, summer camp, or membership.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday – Friday, about 25 hours per week.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, EAP, leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Plans and coordinates activities and events for the Senior Center program. Ensures that all required activities outlined in the Community Development Block Grant are implemented successfully. Activities include arts & crafts, social events, health-wellness presentations, and group fitness classes.
- Coordinates and implements the Erie County Nutrition Program to provide free meals to members of the Senior Center.
- Develops, publishes, and distributes the monthly newsletter and calendar of events.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports as required by funders and YMCA Buffalo Niagara.
- Manages the expense budget for the program. Ensures that all budget targets are met.
- Orders program supplies as per the budget and calendar of events.
- Builds positive relationships with members and serves as a liaison to senior center program volunteers.
- Communicates and enforces YMCA policies. Facilitates communication between senior center program volunteers and management.
- Resolves member concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Ensures a safe, clean, and well-organized program area.
- Participates during YMCA special promotions, membership initiatives, and annual campaigns.
- Maintains all required certifications. Attends and participates in all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Human Services or equivalent work experience.
- Successful experience in organizing, planning, and coordinating programs and services for adults over 55 years of age.
- Have and maintain community CPR certification. (American Red Cross, ASHI, American Heart Association)
- Good judgment with excellent human relations skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to identify problems and find acceptable solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.00
- Job Start Date Monday, October 10, 2022