Child Care - Inclusion Specialist
The Y is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA's mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday values are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Inclusion Specialist provides support to staff and communicates with parents and school administration to improve the experience of students with diverse abilities in our school age child care programs.
Monday – Friday, before and after school. 25 hours per week.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, training, and career advancement.
- Develops and implements behavioral support plans for students to facilitate their inclusion within the program.
- Offers specific recommendations to best support students.
- Plans and facilitates staff training to improve their ability to support students with diverse abilities.
- Documents and tracks parent communication and progress of specific students.
- Provides proactive communication with parents and school administration regarding students with diverse abilities that may impact their successful participation in the program.
- Develops and maintains positive, open communication between students and program staff.
- Enforces work rules and regulations as required by YMCA Buffalo Niagara, the Office of Child and Family Services, and other regulatory agencies.
- Pursues new and innovative program initiatives.
- Implements ongoing safety checks and ensures a healthy and safe program environment for students with diverse abilities.
- Identifies and resolves problems. Implements appropriate discipline techniques and procedures.
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Enforces PPE compliance.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a formal childcare setting.
- Experience working with children with disabilities.
- Experience writing and executing behavior support plans is preferred.
- Ability to train and guide others working with children with disabilities.
- College course work in Special Education, Education or a related field is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must be able to successfully plan and lead activities for children in a child care environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Job Start Date Tuesday, January 3, 2023