Child Care - Universal Pre-K Aide
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Founded in 1852, YMCA Buffalo Niagara is the second-oldest YMCA in the United States and one of the oldest institutions in Western New York. As a charitable, community-based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all, YMCA Buffalo Niagara serves the Western New York community with six membership branches, two overnight camps, and over 50 program locations. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay - each year, more than 2,800 children and families benefit from our annual campaign, which provides over $1.4 million in financial aid to those who wish to participate in YMCA programs such as child care, summer camp, or membership.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The YMCA operates Universal Pre-K (UPK) programs at locations in Kenmore, Orchard Park, Angola, and Depew. The UPK Aide assists and supports the UPK Teacher in all aspects of program delivery.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Aides are generally scheduled to work between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Additional hours may be required.
Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement Fund contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Health insurance is available to full-time staff on the first of the month following 60 days of employment with the Y.
All employees receive a complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara family masterkey membership and program discounts.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, training, leadership development opportunities, and career advancement.
- Implements the curriculum and follows program standards established by the YMCA, the New York State Department of Education, and the School District.
- Assists and supports the UPK teacher with administrative tasks.
- Projects a positive image, communicates effectively and develops positive relationships with students, parents, staff and school administration.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas. Ensures PPE compliance.
- Enforces safety rules and reports/treats any injuries.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Meets the requirements outlined in the contract with the School District and/or the local Board of Education.
- Prior experience working with preschool age children is preferred.
- Able to build positive relationships and communicated effectively with parents, children, school administration and co-workers.
- Must be dependable and conscientious.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $13.50
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022