Child Care - Head of Group (Southtowns)
The Y is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA's mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday values are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Y operates licensed before and after school programs at YMCA facilities and at elementary schools throughout Western NY. The head of group supervises an assigned group of children and implements weekly/daily lesson plans at a program site. This is a part-time position.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Positions are immediately available at all locations.
Monday – Friday, before and after school, about 25 hours per week. Additional hours may be required. Flexibility to work a split shift is preferred.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, program specific training courses, and career advancement.
- Assists in the development and implementation of weekly lesson plans for site activities.
- Provides daily supervision of all staff assigned to the program in the Site Coordinator’s absence.
- Implements and maintains policies, rules, regulations, and standards as required by the NYS Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS), school administration, and YMCA Buffalo Niagara.
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas. Enforces PPE compliance.
- Provides a safe environment for all activities. Enforces safety rules and reports/treats any injuries.
- Performs various administrative tasks in compliance with YMCA procedures and regulatory agencies.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with children, parents, staff, and school administration.
- Maintains all required certifications. Attends and participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Carries out other tasks as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Meets qualifications in compliance with licensing requirements of the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS): High School diploma or equivalent, 2 years of direct experience working with children under the age of 13 years, successfully completion of the OCFS comprehensive background clearance requirements before beginning work at the program site.
- Able to lead activities for elementary school age children including group work, values education, and age- appropriate activities.
- An understanding of the YMCA and its mission.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with participants, parents, school administration, and staff.
- American Red Cross, American Health Association, American Safety & Health Institute certification in CPR/AED (Adult, Child, Infant) and First Aid.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $13.50
- Job Start Date Monday, October 10, 2022