Child Care - Site Coordinator (Southtowns)
The Y is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA's mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday values are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Y operates licensed before and after school programs at YMCA facilities and at elementary schools throughout Western NY. The site coordinator plans and implements the program curriculum, provides direction to program staff, performs administrative tasks, and ensures a quality experience for children and parents. This is a part-time position.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday – Friday, before and after school, about 25 hours per week. Additional hours may be required. Flexibility to work a split shift is preferred and may be required based on location.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, program specific training courses, and career advancement.
- Plans and implements weekly lesson plans. Follows all YMCA program standards.
- Provides direction, coaching, and supervision to staff. Enforces policies and procedures.
- Supervises the children, the program area, and all activities.
- Implements and maintains policies, rules, regulations, and standards as required by the NYS Office of Child and Family Services, school administration, and YMCA Buffalo Niagara.
- Follows and enforces department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas. Ensures PPE compliance.
- Provides a safe environment for all activities. Enforces safety rules and reports/treats any injuries.
- Performs various administrative tasks in compliance with YMCA procedures and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains all program supplies and equipment.
- Reacts to customer feedback and implements plans to improve program quality.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with children, parents, staff, and school administration.
- Responsible for communication to parents, school administration, YMCA, and OCFS.
- Maintains all required certifications. Attends and participates in all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Associate Degree in a Child Care/development related field OR 2 years of college with at least 18 credit hours in a child care/development related field, OR Child Care/SACC Credential; 2 years of direct experience working with children under the age of 13 years, including at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity; successfully completes the OCFS comprehensive background clearance requirements before beginning work at the program site.
- Able to lead activities for elementary school age children including group work, values education, and age- appropriate activities.
- An understanding of the YMCA and its mission, values, and programs.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with children, parents, staff, and school administration.
- American Red Cross, American Health Association, or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) in CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Medication Administration Training (MAT) may be required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Job Start Date Monday, October 10, 2022