Child Care - Program Assistant (City)
The Y is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA's mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday values are a reflection of the core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
The Y operates licensed before and after school programs at YMCA facilities and at elementary schools throughout Western NY. The program assistant facilitates lesson plans to an assigned group of children. This is a part-time position.
GENERAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Positions are immediately available.
Monday – Friday, before and after school, about 25 hours per week. Additional hours may be required. Flexibility to work a split shift is preferred.
Complimentary YMCA Buffalo Niagara Family MasterKey Membership, discounted program fees, and an outstanding work environment. Employees are immediately eligible to enroll and contribute to the Y Retirement Fund’s 403B plan and will receive a 12% employer paid Y Retirement contribution after eligibility requirements are met.
Other benefits include paid sick leave, leadership development opportunities, program specific training courses, and career advancement.
- Facilitates the daily/weekly lesson plan to children in a creative and stimulating environment.
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to the assigned group of children.
- Follows department protocol to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of program/work areas. Ensures PPE compliance.
- Provides a safe environment for all activities. Enforces safety rues and reports/treats any injuries.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with children, parents, staff, and school administration.
- Maintains all required certifications. Attends and participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Carries out other tasks as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age and have valid NYS Working papers if under 18.
- Must have experience working with elementary school age children.
- Knowledge, experience, and skills in the areas of group work, child development, values, education, and group activities are preferred.
- Meets qualifications in compliance with licensing requirements of the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS).
- Successfully completes the OCFS comprehensive background clearance requirements before beginning work at the program site.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $13.50
- Job Start Date Monday, October 24, 2022