EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Position Summary Description:
The Employee Engagement Specialist position is responsible for facilitating Employee Engagement processes throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in relationship building, event planning and time management. It is important to have good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a strong understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as a moderate knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices. The Employee Engagement Specialist assesses and anticipates HR-related needs regarding the retention of employees while sustaining partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization and ensuring they clearly understand our mission, core values and brand in regard to the HR department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively plans events and programs that engage employees across the company which will enhance company culture and increase retention.
- Plans and executes all employee events (Holiday events, New Hire and Thank You lunches, Monthly Birthday Celebrations, Dine Around Town, etc.)
- Keeps track of project expenses and is conscientious of remaining within budget given.
- Leads annual Employee Engagement Survey process.
- Works with Payroll & Benefits Specialist in order to have a clear understanding of the benefits available to employees.
- Partners with HR Manager to recommend changes to employee events, benefits, procedures and practices.
- Research and answers employees’ questions regarding HR processes and other benefit questions.
- Acts as a part of the HR Hata Cares Committee and the company Hata Cares Committee.
- Assists with employee’s performance review process.
- Support recruiting efforts for open requisitions and attend various recruiting events as needed.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure company policies and processes are being followed.
- Communicates important employee engagement information.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company's Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience planning employee engagement events.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- SRHM-CP or SHRM-SCP or PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
- Must possess a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess exceptional “people skills”.
- Must maintain confidentiality and integrity of all sensitive data.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have excellent judgment in all matters related to this position.
- Organized, able to multi-task, and flexible with changing priorities.
- Uses common sense in problem solving and decision-making.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand Pay
Y. Hata & Co., Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, including disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2103 Kaliawa St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA