PRODUCE SPECIALIST CHEFZONE
Position Summary Description:
Has a basic understanding of all aspects of the store to include produce, COP, grocery, cashier functions, receiving and all equipment. Ensures proper stocking levels, merchandising of displays, rotates stock, clean shelves and displays. Assists setup of item numbers. Ensures that the store is clean, neat and safe for customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a basic understanding of all aspects of the store to include produce, cashier functions, receiving and all equipment.
- Works with merchandizing manager to develop and implement localized merchandising plan for the department, sets up and creates displays for new and seasonal items as well as items that are tied-in with other department promotions, in order to meet the sales and profit objectives of the store and the department.
- Ensures proper stocking levels, merchandising of displays, rotates stock, clean shelves and displays.
- Assists department manager by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling by reducing losses due to shrinkage and pilferage.
- Operates lift truck or other equipment to receive product into the warehouse and to transport palletized products to proper warehouse slots.
- Assists with pricing of merchandise and places it on store shelves.
- Ensures that the store is clean, neat and safe for customers.
- Answers customer inquiries and directs customers to specific products.
- Complies with HAACP Plan guidelines and protocols. Displays GMP including receiving, storing, and presentation of products.
- Accurately, efficiently, and pleasantly processes customer orders by ringing sales, counting and balancing register.
- May be called upon to assist customers to their cars, retrieve carts and assist Customer Service Associates.
- Protects all assets of the company, including facilities, products, the ChefZone and Y. Hata & Co., Ltd. brands.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Previous grocery Produce experience of 3+ years.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers, associates and vendors, above average analytical skills to understand and interpret various reports.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Frequently required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand Pay
Y. Hata & Co., Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, including disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Job Function Safety-sensitive
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2888 Ualena St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA