ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ANALYST
Position Summary Description:
The Credit Analyst will work with new accounts to process credit applications and approve new accounts. Determine credit worthiness of customers through credit investigations. Responsible for monitoring accounts, collecting payments, working with accounts to establish workable payment schedules, and providing ongoing support in other areas. Facilitates resolution of billing disputes with customer service, account manager, and management within tight constraints and keeps management informed of important accounts' status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing new credit applications and approving new accounts. Determine the creditworthiness of customers through credit investigation.
- Responsible for analyzing bad debt and preparing bank collateral reports.
- Establish a fair, but equitable payment schedule for slowing-paying customers.
- Monitor trends in customer accounts to identify potential risk factors such as delinquent accounts, missed payments, or bankruptcies.
- Responsible for the collection and daily monitoring of accounts on credit hold, along with those that exceed limits; must be able to make quick decisions that promote the company's growth and reduce exposure to potential write-offs.
- Perform frequent reconciliation of accounts receivables, resolving discrepancies, unmatched (unapplied) payments, or disputed balances.
- Facilitates resolution of billing disputes with customer service, account managers, and management with tight constraints and keeps management informed of important accounts' status.
- Collaborate with and enlist the assistance of Finance, Sales, and Operations teams to resolve problem accounts and disputes.
- Achieves monthly collection goals via effective collection calls, consistent coverage of the entire assignment, and adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Maintains a professional approach in dealing with customers, sales staff, peers, and varying levels of management inside and outside the company.
- Prepares documents and files for referral of accounts to outside collection agencies or attorneys.
- Ability to maneuver between strategic thinking, planning, and tactical execution.
- Occasional overtime and weekend are required.
- Hybrid work schedule (in-office and remote from home) available after successful completion of the introductory period.
- Performs similar and related duties as required by Supervisor.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Associates degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- 2+ years of accounting experience are required.
- 2+ years of Trade Credit and Collections experience. Food Service industry experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Must communicate effectively and professionally with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to negotiate calmly, professionally, and effectively.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must utilize excellent judgment in all matters related to the position.
- Must be able to analyze data and draw conclusive statements about information that appears to be beyond the scope of regular operating activity.
- Must maintain confidentiality and integrity of all sensitive data.
- Must utilize tact, objectivity, and professionalism in aggressive collection efforts and personnel management.
- Ability to be organized, multi-tasked, and be very flexible with changing priorities.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand Pay
Y. Hata & Co., Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, including disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- 2103 Kaliawa St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA