GL ACCOUNTING CLERK
Position Summary Description:
Prepares various monthly journal entries and inputs them into ERP system. Analyzes & prepares shipment discrepancies. Analyzes AP variance accounts for all locations. Will resolve “urgent” AP matters when AP Supervisor is out of office. Performs various general ledgers duties. Performs similar and related duties as requested by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews weight variances with the Inventory Control and Sales Analyst staff.
- Review and prepare inventory shipment discrepancies.
- Follow up with buyers on outstanding shipment discrepancies
- Review and prepares samples/donations entries to post to the General Ledger
- Analyzes AP variance accounts and prepares journal entries.
- Create eft payments in bank portal and email payment notification to vendor contacts.
- Prepares weekly YN billings.
- Prepare reclass journal entry of YN charges to IL
- Process manual checks for eft payments
- Process cost adjustments and inventory conversions.
- Assist AP with inventory reconciliations of invoices.
- Assist with reviewing open receiving report quarterly.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Training and Experience
Associate’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
Minimum one year experience in an entry level Accounting position is preferred, but not required.
Experience in the wholesale distribution industry is preferred.
Must possess a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to communicate with internal and external associates in an effective, professional and persuasive manner.
Must be able to perform basic to moderately difficult mathematical functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averaging and percentages.
Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Must be able to use 10-key by touch.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand Pay
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA