QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
* Pay starting at $18.00/hr. Years of experience taken into consideration.
Position Summary Description:
Performs all duties related to the Quality Assurance department, to include, but not limited to: checking code/expiration dates, recouping product, obtaining dispositions for damaged products, and all other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager and Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper identification of products regarding date code and slot location in inventory management system.
- Works to evaluate, document, and process damaged or potentially damaged product.
- Processes dispositions given for products from Sales and Buyers.
- Monitors temperature controls throughout the warehouse.
- Works to investigate customer complaints.
- Remedies stock, dating, and location discrepancies, as necessary.
- Runs reports for products nearing their expiration date and works with Buyers to handle products as needed.
- Documents and brings donations to charitable organizations when they arrive to pick-up product from the warehouses.
- Cleans and maintains recoup areas and equipment.
- Maintains Quality Assurance documentation and areas in an audit ready condition.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Preform calibrations of temperature reading equipment.
- Contribute to the writing and maintaining of Quality Assurance Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Forms.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Education/Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of foodservice and/or warehouse experience. Quality Assurance background highly preferred.
- Frequently required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Function Safety-sensitive
- Pay Type Hourly
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA