NIGHT MANAGER - CHEFZONE
Position Summary Description:
The Night Manager is responsible for ensuring and coordinates activities of employees concerned with restocking and receiving inbound inventory timely and replenishment of inventory in order to prepare the store for the next day operation. The manager will work closely with the other floor and night managers to ensure the store is always maintained in a clean and orderly fashion. The manager is responsible for ensuring the training, supervision and providing constructive discipline for all night shift stock clerks. This position works closely with all CZ management and staff to ensure store efficiency, availability of quality products, excellent customer service and high staff morale. All management and staff will work together to uphold the mission of ChefZone as well as the Y. Hata values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of employees concerned with restocking and receiving inbound inventory timely, and replenishment of inventory in order to prepare the store for next day opening
- Oversees and directs employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures in the receiving and restocking of the store
- Ensures all products requiring re-labeling are labeled with the correct item number.
- Works with other departments to resolve discrepancies between inventory and stock control records. Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Provides training to and serves as back up to the Receiving clerk
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
- Establish and maintain current procedures for activities such as receiving, stocking, merchandising, replenishment, order selection, and sanitation.
- Plan, schedule and adjust labor requirements as necessary to meet the daily demands of the various functions.
- Ensures that inbound inventory is received timely, and that inventory is replenished in order to prepare the warehouse for the evening picking operation.
- Inspects physical condition of department and equipment. Prepares work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Perishable (dairy/meats) , Produce Specialist and Chill/Frozen stock clerks.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Three years of foodservice and/or warehousing experience. At least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have ability to handle employee disputes, operational concerns, and order/delivery discrepancies calmly and effectively.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand Pay
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Function Safety-sensitive
- Pay Type Salary
- 2888 Ualena St, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA