Account Manager Distribution Sales
Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
The purpose of this position is to manage all commercial activities related to sales for Weidmann products and services in the Distribution Market within defined customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key customer interface within defined customer base. Includes visits and communication to key customer contacts.
- Responsible to achieve/maintain budgeted gross margin targets
- Responsible for pricing review and coordination for products sold into the customer base.
- Prioritizes customer projects with both internal (i.e. Technical Services, Production) and external resources to meet customer requirements
- Provides relevant customer market information to assist in preparation of overall market strategy (customer and local trends, competitive activities, product portfolio needs)
- Understands overall market strategy and takes actions to implement with customers in territory
- Works closely with Customer Solutions and Trading Partner Suppliers to handle customer issues
- Where appropriate works closely with resources supporting the end user market activities when appropriate within his/her customer base.
- Provides customer specific input in strategy development, business planning, and annual budgeting cycles.
- Coordinates customer related activities for new product launches
- Negotiate contracts as appropriate with customers
- Provides training on product/technology, participates in and supports industry trade shows, exhibitions, and professional organizations as required
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Electronics or Business required.
Minimum of 5 years progressive sales experience in our industry or related industry with some budget responsibility.
To apply, click the "Apply Now" link above.
To see more open positions at Weidmann, click the link below.
We look forward to receiving your completed application!
- Job Family STJ Distribution Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 30
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Milwaukee, WI, USA