3750 Moraine St, Memphis, TN 38125, USA
Friday, September 23, 2022
Our company remains guided by its experience and ability to create long-term value in strategically focused markets. We continue to attract the best talent in the industry and remain focused on growing our organization with talented professionals along with our assets. Westminster is stronger than ever, and we stand poised for continued growth with our valued partners. Our mission is to go above and beyond to build thriving communities and exceptional experiences for our residents, guests, tenants, and teams. Our values represent what we strive to achieve every day. Every decision we have to make is guided by the "4 Be's". Be best in class. Be Solution-Oriented. Be Accountable. Be caring.
Responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to day operations of the property. Responsibilities include preparing and filing leases, promoting the property and retaining current tenants.
- Manage the properties for which responsible in the most efficient and profitable manner possible, given existing marketing conditions, as well as creating the greatest possible satisfaction and well-being of all other individuals associated with the property, both employees and residents, consistent with the goals and objectives of the company and owner.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management program.
- Develop yearly operating budgets and sales/marketing plans. Accurately prepare and convey all operational and financial data in a timely manner with the assistance of other members of the staff. Work with owners to identify property goals and objectives. Be responsive and receptive to owners’ needs, goals and objectives, which must be clearly described in the yearly operating budgets and sales/marketing plans.
- Analyze monthly performance and budget projections and compare to annual management plan and budget; adjust strategies accordingly.
- Create and monitor commercial budgets, CAM charges and rent escalation based on leases.
- Monitor the percentage rent for commercial tenants.
- Analyze and oversee commercial tenant build-outs.
- Ensure compliance with tenant leases, regulatory items, and management contracts.
- Oversee collection of rent, payment of expenses and compliance with lease terms.
- Competitively bid and oversee operational and commercial tenant improvement contracts and services.
- Provide service to commercial tenants by serving as a key point of contact for information, cleaning, maintenance and repair needs if applicable.
- Maintain high customer service standards. Work with staff to promptly respond to resident requests and work with residents and staff to minimize and resolve resident problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with residents, other employees, vendors, supervisors and owners in written and verbal form.
- Develop, write and implement a sales and marketing plan that effectively maximizes rental income and results in high occupancy and competitive pricing through the leasing staff and personal efforts.
- Implement or direct implementation of all policies and procedures as outlined in the company policies and procedures manual. Ensure compliance by employees supervised as necessary.
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are at all times fully functional and in an attractive condition, and that all vacant units are kept ready for occupancy. Inspect grounds, building and apartment units on a regular basis. These functions must be consistent with the goals and objectives of the property owner.
- Identify and implement creative programs to increase the property’s value and improve services to residents.
- Understand, analyze and evaluate monthly financial statements and write the property owner’s report in a clear, concise form.
- Adhere to the company’s safety programs, policies and procedures. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff consistent with policies in the WMM Safety Manual.
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understand the computer functions and management software package and ensure all required staff is properly trained to perform their computer duties. Operate the computer as required.
- Train and motivate staff to lease apartments by showing the models and/or available units and aggressively sell the products and services of the property to which they are assigned.
- Be able, as necessary, to deliver resident gifts, inspect units on a move-in day to ensure units are ready and assist with planning and hosting of resident functions.
- Manage the property lease renewal program. Maximize resident renewals. It is a goal of the Property Manager to have no month-to month residents.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of own property and that of major competition through site visits and tours as well as telephone surveys. Prepare marketing data reports as required.
- As necessary, prepare all lease related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Be able to explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident move-in.
- Follow established policy and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Identify and analyze problems and potential problems. Develop and implement decisions that help the property achieve the owner’s objectives and that are consistent with management company’s policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize present and forecast workloads.
- Effectively disseminate all information and instructions necessary for others, including supervisors, peers and subordinates to do their work. Advise employees on a regular basis how they are performing their specific job.
- Be observant for any problem that could be a hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- Attend to routine operational issues including policies, procedures, insurance, safety and legal issues.
- This individual has authority to authorize, purchase and approve invoices within the corporate guidelines.
- Stay abreast of real estate related industry standards, legislation impacting department and industry practices, policies and procedures.
- Must be available 24/7 to take emergency calls.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Requires minimum of 5 yrs.’ previous experience on Class A+ property dealing with both residential, commercial and retail spaces and tenants alike.
- Requires strong knowledge of property management and tenant/landlord practices, laws, rules and regulations. Good command of commercial management and leasing practices.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi
We're an equal opportunity at will employer, an equal housing provider, and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.