This is a Project Manager (PM) position that represents the project Owner and the GC. The PM will be responsible for performing tasks consisting of monitoring, reviewing construction contracts, evaluating and tracking change order requests, tracking and following up on RFIs, analyzing budget modifications and anticipated cost reports, generating project schedule and cost updates and reporting on various aspects of the project, generating punch lists, following-up on punch list completion status with regular reports, and other tasks that may be assigned to ensure the project is built on schedule, within budget and in accordance with plans and specifications. The position requires attention to detail, very good time management skills to meet deadlines, strong communication skills both verbal and writing, and general good business management acumen.
Weekdays 7 am to 5 pm; Saturdays 7 am- 1pm, as required.
Project Manager, with all aspects of project from inception thru completion:
a) assists with preconstruction efforts including but not limited to permitting, trade contract review, analysis, tracking & reporting, bid packages analysis, review, reporting.
b) manages all aspects of the project from inception thru completion including the CO (Certificate of Occupancy) process.
c) prepares and executes a construction plan.
d) attends and leads project field meetings, provide minutes of meetings, develop follow-up lists
e) enforces safety on the job.
f) ensures that the required personnel and workers are on the job, checks what specific tasks they are performing, and checks this against job sheets given daily by the superintendent.
g) plans and tracks material delivery and scheduling with job superintendent.
h) prepares an initial review of change order requests form the subcontractors and provides periodic reporting of the change order request log to upper management for review and execution as needed
i) makes out delivery schedules, using a bar graph method or critical path method. Makes sure that the shop items are on the bar graph or CPM.
j) establishes delivery time for materials, equipment, or labor, based on when they will be required and when they can be acquired, and determines the lead time required for acquisition.
k) serves in quality control capacity, making sure that the materials used are those specified for the project, and work performed by subcontractors complies with the drawings.
l) keeps records of all deliveries.
m) keeps track of equipment
n) reads prints, noting discrepancies in the field hence issuing RFIs for clarification
o) follows up on shop drawings, submittals, or the detailed drawings of project.
p) maintains constant follow-up with sub-contractors to ensure that schedule is accomplished.
q) makes sure all federal, state, and local codes applicable to the project are adhered to,
r) makes sure all code required inspections, including 3rd party inspections, are performed, and completed successfully
s) makes sure all code required tests are performed and that results meet codes and specifications
· Requires Architect, Engineering, Construction Management or related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience.
· Requires 5+ years of experience in Stick frame Multi-Family Residential Construction.
· Knowledge of Revu Bluebeam/AutoCAD is a must.
· Requires working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required.
· Requires superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential both within the internal project team and externally with consultants
· Requires knowledge of the shop drawing submittal process.
· Requires the ability to read and comprehend building plans and specifications and able to comprehend and recognize safety standards and issues.
· Requires the ability to identify and report clearly critical deadlines.
· Requires understanding of construction contracts, retention, releases.
· Requires the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
· Understanding of critical path construction scheduling.