Accounts Payable Specialist
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the full cycle accounts payable process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full-cycle AP from invoice processing to printing and mailing checks.
- Collect bills that arrive in the mail and issue checks in the amounts requested.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry.
- Data enter invoices for payment.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing.
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelors in Accounting preferred; or three to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two years’ accounts payable experience.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to follow up on pending issues
· Excellent record keeping and file maintenance.
· Works with a sense of urgency.
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Requires the ability to maintain data integrity and accuracy and use data to identify and solve problems.
· Requires the ability to perform long-range tasks while handling short-term interruptions.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Concur and Yardi.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 30 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932, USA