30 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932, USA Req #687
Monday, February 27, 2023
Our company remains guided by its experience and ability to create long-term value in strategically focused markets. We continue to attract the best talent in the industry and remain focused on growing our organization with talented professionals along with our assets. Westminster is stronger than ever, and we stand poised for continued growth with our valued partners. Our mission is to go above and beyond to build thriving communities and exceptional experiences for our residents, guests, tenants, and teams. Our values represent what we strive to achieve every day. Every decision we have to make is guided by the "4 Be's". Be best in class. Be Solution-Oriented. Be Accountable. Be caring.
This position is responsible for tax preparation and assisting the SR Tax Accountants and Tax Manager with other projects assigned.
How does Kushner & Westminster supports their team members? Each eligible team member has the opportunity to:
- Live on-site and take advantage of our employee apartment discount
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans with no wait period-eligibility starts 1st of the month following employment
- Receive $945 in contributions to the HSA medical plan for each employee who enrolls
- Obtain assistance for student loans as well as tuition reimbursement
- 401k Match-50% of the first 6%
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance paid by co
- Paid Time Off and more
One must be able to perform the essential functions of the job; which include, but are not limited to the following (Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
- Prepare Federal and State Partnership and S Corp returns related extensions and estimates
- Prepare state and local tax returns
- Prepares accurate tax work papers
- Conduct tax research on a variety of tax topics
- Respond to Federal, state, and local tax notices
- Conduct internal state and local tax compliance audits
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 1-3 years tax accounting experience, preferably in residential property accounting.
- Bachelors in accounting. CPA is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately meet deadlines and manage large volumes.
- Knowledge of preparation Forms 1120, 1120S, and 1065 highly desirable, but not required
- Yardi experience is preferred
- Familiarity with M-1 adjustments highly desirable, but not required
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality of all company information.
- High Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi,, CCH Access, Fixed Asset CS and CCH Answer connect Research Software
We're an equal opportunity at will employer, an equal housing provider, and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- 30 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932, USA