Construction Accounts Payable Specialist
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the full cycle accounts payable process, along with the Contracts process.
- Full-cycle AP from invoice processing to printing and mailing checks.
- Collect bills that arrive in the mail and issue checks in the amounts requested.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry.
- Data enter invoices for payment.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing.
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- Analyze and interpret contract terms and conditions to determine acceptability or assess contractual or business risks and develop mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Ensure prime contract related documentation aligns with existing prime contract terms, subcontractor requirements, and customer goals
· Bachelors in Accounting preferred; or three to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two years’ accounts payable experience.
·Requires the ability to maintain data integrity and accuracy and use data to identify and solve problems.
· Requires the ability to perform long-range tasks while handling short-term interruptions.
· Previous experience with a construction or real estate development company.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Concur and Yardi.
- Pay Type Salary
- 30 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932, USA