Service Manager II
The principal duty of the Service Manager is the management of the maintenance department, including buildings and grounds for the assigned community.
The Service Manager is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the property and assisting the Property Manager with the overall operation of the community. This includes maintaining a safe and sanitary living environment for residents, guests, visitors, and staff. The Service Manager assists with all aspects of the property's maintenance including the physical grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred and emergency. This person is also responsible for overseeing an effective maintenance program to protect and maintain the property and to build and maintain effective working relationships with residents.
- Effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors, and staff.
- Monitoring all community maintenance work, service requests, punch-outs, building inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Assigning work to maintenance staff and ensuring all that all work has been completed in a safe, prompt, and professional manner.
- Communicating with managers about demonstrated concerns of the community.
- Conducting cost benefit analysis between in housework or hiring contractors.
- Monitoring of vendor contracts.
- Providing training and mentoring of the maintenance staff.
- Preparing maintenance reports, job related documentation, staff evaluations, etc.
- Maintaining inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Serving as a role-model for maintenance staff by following all policies and procedures.
- Presenting an appearance appropriate to the image of the company and the community.
- Primarily and regularly responsible for the on-going direction and supervision of the work of at least two (2) full-time equivalent employees, including the responsibility and authority to effectively recommend hiring, promotion, discipline or firing or other change of status for these employees.
- Completing additional duties as requested by the Property Manager or Regional Manager.
- Minimum three years full time experience in the multifamily property in the multifamily industry OR Minimum five years full time experience in property management
- Demonstrated knowledge of work safety habits
- Maintain a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation
- Able to work on-call and extended hours (including after hours, holidays and weekends) Supply basic tools
- Knowledge of Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Bending, Walking, Kneeling, Stretching.
- Able to work on step ladders or extension ladders up to 30 feet.
- Able to work in confined spaces, indoors and outdoors in all climates, and unclean environments with fumes, dust and poor ventilation while adhering to company safety requirements and programs.
- Pay Type Salary
- 99 Madison Ave, Westwood, NJ 07675, USA