Full Time Cook - Puyallup
1. Maintains sanitation and safety standards. Prepares, cooks and serves the Dinner menu using standardized recipes.
2. Priorities work load to facilitate having food ready on time, but not too far in advance.
3. Serves food with all proper garnishes and presents it attractively, following portion control standards.
4. Receives vendor deliveries and stocks using the First In First Out practice. Responsible for rotation supplies. Secures all storage areas before leaving on the evening shift.
5. Assists in the preparation and service of special luncheons, dinners and corporate events.
6. Participates in food service meetings and in-service training sessions.
7. Reports needs, problems and changes in a timely manner to culinary management.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
No Education Background required for this position.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
Has current Food Worker Card for the State of Washington
Knowledge of cooking terms, measurements and methods.
Understanding and knowledge of nutrition and diet and related procedures.
Knowledge of and practicing sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
Basic computer skills needed.
Reliability in attendance and punctuality.
Pleasant demeanor, including good communication skills and cooperative attitude when working with staff and residents.
Maturity and sensitivity toward employees, residents, visitors and guests.
Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
Demonstrated ability to be patience, flexible and adaptable.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Large quantity cooking experience required.
Able to adjust to frequent temperature changes when entering/exiting refrigerators and freezers.
Able to work on ones feet for long periods.
Able to bend, squat and reach numerous times daily.
Able to lift and carry 50 pound on a regular basis.
Able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary.
Understand there is a possibility of cuts, burns and falls in light of good safety measures.
Able to push carts.
INFECTIOUS RISK CATEGORY
NO RISK. No contact with patient’s blood or other body fluids. No protective equipment required to be worn.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 707 39th Ave SE, Puyallup, WA 98374, USA