Temporary Administrative Asst - 174 - Puyallup Campus Admin
The Sunday through Tuesday, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Administrative Assistant must be pleasant, respectful with an ability to dependably and reliable maintain the reception area with a patient disposition. The Assistant must be professional, personable, friendly, quick to learn and able to handle a variety of communication situations and administrative tasks.
1. Cordially and professionally greet and direct residents, visitors, callers and staff. Become acquainted with staff members and their functions in order to properly route calls and mail. Establish and maintain professional vendor relationships.
2. Accurately and promptly perform all U.S. and interoffice mail room functions for staff and residents to include metering, sorting, UPS and Fed Ex services. Provide activity service reports to the Environmental Services Department as required.
3. Provide general building maintenance including ordering and stocking supplies, operating and maintaining office equipment as needed.
4. Create, track and update badges, lists and schedules related to a number of resident and campus related activities including room clearance, admission, discharge, guest conference room scheduling, facility meal planning, bus trips and weekly care meetings. Provide reporting as appropriate ensuring HIPAA guidelines are met.
5. Oversee location common meeting room activity, scheduling, publishing and disseminating related information as needed.
6. Assists in ensuring the safety of staff, residents and visitors by identifying potential safety hazards to immediate supervisor and following all emergency plans (i.e., evacuation, hurricane, etc.)
7. Manage and track petty cash activities including making change and selling stamps.
8. Work closely with the Finance Department performing billing duties for outside vendors and/or residents processing resident checks and tracking and posting receipts, packing slips and invoices to ensure proper payment and coding.
9. Operate and maintain computer systems to include Horizon, POS, PCC and WorxHub.
10. Depending on location, may assist in specific projects from Management or the Corporate Departments to include, but not limited to: committee participation, coordination of special projects and events, coordination of equipment service requests, assisting with new employee pre-hire process on behalf of Human Resources and assisting with survey process to include data gathering and reporting.
11. Perform other duties and project as assigned.
None required for this position.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
No specific Licensure, Registration and Certification required for this position.
Proficient use of multi-line telephone and ability to use a 2-way radio
Basic to intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows Applications.
Ability to operate general office equipment, i.e. copier, fax machine, laminator, etc.
Ability to type accurately and to speed of 50-60 words per minute.
Reliability in attendance and punctuality.
Ability to handle frequent interruptions, working independently organizing, prioritizing and coordinating multiple tasks to completion.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding residents and business matters.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with customers.
Ability to function as a positive part of a team. Willingness to train and be trained to support other front desks as needed.
Minimum three months to one year administrative experience preferred.
On-the-Job Training will be provided.
Standard working environment involves the front reception desk.
Position required repetitive motion such as working on computer terminal.
Be able to sit, stand, bend and occasionally lift and carry up to ten pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 707 39th Ave SE, Puyallup, WA 98374, USA