Operations - Yard Laborer - Safety Lane - El Paso
El Paso, TX, USA Req #32
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Safety Lane – El Paso
- Make sure all trash cans are empty and the area is clean for next shift.
- After the truck is parked pull keys from the driver.
- Check tires with tire gauge
- Check brakes on trucks make sure they are adjusted right.
- Check tire pressure on trailer
- Check lug nuts on trailers make sure they are tight.
- Check brakes on trailers make sure they are adjusted correctly
- Check slack adjusters make sure they are out far enough for the travel
- Check for leaking wheel seals
- Check all lights on truck and trailer and make sure they are all working properly
- Check license plate and light make sure they are correct and operating correctly
- Always chock tires before going under trailer.
- You will also be asked to perform duties outside the safety lane as required.
- You are not to leave the yard without permission from shop manager or location manager.
OUT BOUND TRAILERS
- Make sure all oil levels are good and water levels. Check windshield wipers and fluid
- Check al tire pressure on tires trucks and trailers
- Check all lights and make sure they are all correctly working
- Check tire pressure
- Check lights
- Check for all physical damage to the trailer
- Check tires and wheel record if has aluminum wheels or steel
- All of these things must be recorded on the Mexico inspection sheet
- Will have to be able to work all three shifts in a rotation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of FMCSA safety and maintenance requirements highly preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- El Paso, TX, USA