Health, Safety and Environmental Engineer - St. Louis, MO
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
About the Role
As the Health Safety & Environmental Engineer at our St. Louis Advanced Technology Center (ATC), you will play a front and center role as a champion for health, safety & environmental (HS&E) initiatives. You will take ownership of a variety of programs, policies and procedures that directly impact the health and safety of team members at this facility and in promoting best practices for environmental management. Our Saint Louis Advanced Technology Center currently has just over 500 team members and is growing. You will engage with a diverse spectrum of functional teams that includes sales, business unit leadership, manufacturing, and product development. This is a broad, highly visible role at our corporate headquarters reporting to the St. Louis HS&E Manager. We'll look to you to not only sustain a safe and healthy work environment and maintain compliance with state and federal regulations, but to also coach and educate our team members on the importance of our HS&E initiatives and goals. The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual who is skilled at and enjoys being autonomous, being fearless in promoting HS&E and using his/her mastery to educate. Key to your success will be your ability to influence people in a cross-functional environment, listen to input, build consensus, and help team members at all levels of the organization understand how HS&E programs support their interests and objectives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Management of the day-to-day operations of HS&E functions at the St. Louis ATC, ensuring compliance in all aspects of health, safety, and the environment.
- Leading proactive continuous improvement activities to reduce HS&E risks.
- Investigation of all accidents and near misses to determine root cause and formulate appropriate corrective actions to eliminate risk.
- Leading ergonomic programs throughout the facility.
- Developing and conducting required HS&E training for team members at all levels of the organization.
- Coaching team members in all components of the Watlow Safety Management System.
- Leading the site first aid team and facilitating emergency response drills.
- Working directly with Workers Compensation Carriers with limited authority to close cases
- All governmental reporting for the St. Louis ATC
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in an Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, or environmental discipline. A related discipline may be considered based on demonstrated experience and proven relevant results.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role, or certification as an Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Graduate Safety Professional (GSP)
- Strong knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 or equivalent standards experience.
- Experience with principles of lean management/production
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your family is a high priority to us. The Watlow Total Rewards Plan includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and career enhancing benefits:
- Annual Achievement Award
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution and an annual company contribution that is tied to company performance
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Wellness incentives
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com.
- Job Family Health Safety & Environmental (HS&E)
- Pay Type Salary
- 12001 Lackland Rd, St. Louis, MO 63146, USA