Social Media Intern - Summer Internship - St. Louis, MO
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
About the Role
Bring your creativity, project management, and social media skills to enhance Watlow’s employment brand and messaging. As the social media intern you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our social media accounts and digital marketing efforts related to Watlow’s employment brand.
The successful candidate will be enrolled full time at a college or university studying marketing, communications, journalism, advertising, or a similar degree with a junior or senior status. This is summer internship paid role, 40 hours/week. The internship will start in May 2023.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Create and manage social content including: images, video, and written content Watlow’s social media accounts, company website, and employment branding sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed.
- Monitor and responding to inbound social media and review messages from multiple channels
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and opportunities
- Grow engagement and followers on social media platforms
- Produce content, videos, and social media graphics
- Actively share new ideas for content, campaigns, thought leadership, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Enrolled in a college or university with a current junior or senior status majoring in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism or similar degree
- GPA 3.0 or above preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms in a professional perspective (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
- Able to start in May 2023
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and google analytics
- Excellent verbal and written skills
** Available to work on site and remotely.
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 12001 Lackland Rd, St. Louis, MO 63146, USA