Accounting Inventory Loss Control Specialist - Hiring Fast!
We're an award-winning Midwestern distributor for Exxon-Mobil, Phillips 66, BP and other amazing brands, committed to operational excellence and exceptional service. #WeAreWallis
The Accounting Department is looking for an Inventory Loss Control Specialist! In this new and exciting role, you will visit various retail store locations in the St. Louis area and work closely with the audit and management teams to assess and implement inventory controls. You will create reports to analyze inventory and movement trends, ensure accurate inventory levels, monitor store performance and communicate results to management.
A few questions for you:
· Are you interested in a company that puts team members and customers first ALWAYS with actions and not just words?
· Are you interested in a company that values your opinion?
· Are you interested in a 50+ year family-owned progressive business that quickly adapts to changing market conditions?
· Are you interested in a company that is fast-paced and promotes a pay-for-performance culture?
If you answered “YES!” to any of the questions above, we want to talk to you! Come join Wallis Companies as an Accounting Inventory Loss Control Specialist!
What’s in it for you?
· Great Compensation with Bonus Potential! Always benchmarking, we are proud of our competitive compensation and potential to earn generous bonus payouts!
· Great Benefits! Benefits for our team members include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and any other benefit you can think of! You’ll be eligible for 401k retirement starting after just one year, with a generous employer match!
· Great Career! Wallis has jobs but more importantly, we have careers! 92% of our current management team were hired from within. We believe in a “hire to retire” philosophy.
· Great Educational Opportunities! We provide tuition reimbursement and have a dedicated Education Team to assist you in your journey of learning!
· Great Total Rewards Program! Between referral programs and our STAR programs, you will be rewarded for outstanding performance and encouraged to recognize the good work of others in the company.
What will you do?
The Inventory Loss Control Specialist is responsible for working independently and providing accounting support to the Retail Operations division, overseeing the inventory and receiving processes to ensure accurate levels of inventory, identifying inventory over/short trends, monitoring store performance, and providing instruction, guidance and training as needed to company employees to reduce the amount of reported inventory loss. The Inventory Control Specialist will also be responsible for making recommendations to improve existing policies and procedures for our retail operations to improve inventory over/short results. This role will have some travel involved to our Mobil on the Run and Dirt Cheap stores around the St. Louis area.
What do we require?
Someone who recognizes that together we are stronger and, as a leader, you work to support Wallis Companies' success through people!
Education: Required: Equivalent to a high school diploma
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Over 1 year up to and including 3 years in auditing, inventory management and receiving, or related retail field.
Preferred: Experience in a retail or convenience store setting.
The story began in 1968 when Bill Wallis purchased a small gasoline distributor in Cuba, Missouri.
Bill’s vision for the company was to be “A Premier Petroleum Company Delivering Exceptional Customer Service”, and the 1200 people at Wallis Companies work hard each day to continue to keep this promise alive. Over the 50 plus year history, the Company has grown from the one store that Bill purchased at the beginning to a multi-state organization through investments in new sites, organic growth and major acquisitions.
We are waiting to meet you! Apply NOW!
Wallis Companies is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cuba, MO, USA