We're an award-winning Midwestern distributor for Exxon-Mobil, Phillips 66, BP and other amazing brands, committed to operational excellence and exceptional service. #WeAreWallis
Hiring Now! Immediate Openings!
The Retail Store Trainer is responsible for Onboarding new team members in our On the Run and Dirt Cheap locations. Schedules, manages, and administers established programs designed to drive behaviors consistent with our training manual as well as our Wallis Core Values.
Education of Retail Trainer:
Preferred: Bachelor Degree or equivalent education and professional experience.
Required: Specialized training in Retail or Restaurant / Hospitality environment, Retail Management/Leadership experience, degree in Instructional Design, Learning and Development, Adult Education and/or 2-3 years front line experience in Retail or Restaurant / Hospitality.
Experience of Retail Trainer:
Required: Facilitation of prior training and meetings with various levels of leadership; coaching for performance improvement; deliver training to drive key metrics. Ability to adapt and present new curriculum to achieve desired learning objectives.
Language Skills of Retail Trainer:
Required: Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Skills and Abilities of Retail Trainer:
*Communicate in a professional and effective manner
* Follow procedures closely and pay attention to detail
*Maintain friendly, helpful demeanor with customers
*Stay organized and multi-tasking skills
*Demonstrate a strong customer service mentality
*Manage time efficiently
*Self-starter with the ability to work independently
Technology, Tools, And Equipment:
Required: Computer, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint other office related equipment as necessary;
Strongly Preferred: HRIS/LMS, retail/kitchen/cleaning equipment including POS, lottery terminal, ovens, cleaning chemicals and PPE experience
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations of Retail Trainer:
Required: Driver’s license, MVR in compliance with
RESPONSIBILITIES OF RETAIL TRAINER:
- Schedule, confirm and conduct final-round interviews in compliance with company procedure
- Deliver new hire training in compliance with the training manual, standards and expectations
- Administer candidate skill and behavior assessments according to company procedure, and document results in HRIS
- Order and administer pre-employment drug tests and ensure strict compliance with company standards; document drug test results in HRIS
- Determine department supply needs for hiring and training materials; collaborate with Store Manager to order products and maintain supplies
- Manage training content; deliver on updates to content as applicable
- Think critically, identify and share process improvements to enhance effectiveness of Retail education
- Cross-train, expand skills sets and competencies of new hires
- Serve as a member of the new employee onboarding team to fully immerse new hire in the culture of Wallis
- Solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations
- Work with management to identify performance gaps and help identify and develop solutions to improve individual and team performance
- Participate in company events, both internal and in the community
- Work an irregular schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Work in a convenience store environment with front line employees
- Perform other duties not listed as required
Wallis Companies is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Creve Coeur, MO, USA
- Maryland Heights, MO, USA
- O'Fallon, MO, USA
- St Charles, MO, USA
- St Peters, MO, USA
- Wentzville, MO, USA
- Wildwood, MO, USA