Energetics is a leading U.S. energy and management consultancy, with over 40 years of experience working with government and commercial clients to solve complex energy and technology challenges from inception to deployment and beyond. Our services include strategic planning and technology roadmap development, energy analysis and modeling, strategic outreach and communication, metrics and program evaluation, market and technology impact assessment, and program management for technology deployment. We apply these services across multiple areas of clean energy, including energy efficiency and energy management, manufacturing technologies, renewable energy and hydrogen/fuel cells, advanced transportation, climate resilience and sustainability, critical infrastructure resilience, and grid modernization. Established in 1979, Energetics is headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, with offices in Maryland, Washington DC, New York, California, Washington State, and Dubai (UAE).
We provide technical support to multiple offices at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), including the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, Office of Fossil Energy, and the Energy Information Administration. Energetics also works with many other government and private sector clients, including the National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, United Nations Industrial Development Organization, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, the California Energy Commission, major U.S. utilities, national laboratories, trade associations, universities, and commercial manufacturers.
- Looking for an opportunity to apply your passion for energy and sustainability? A place where you can make an important contribution in a collaborative, flexible work atmosphere? Energetics is seeking an Energy Analyst to
- work on a variety of activities in our Columbia, MD or Washington, DC offices. As part of your work, you’ll gain knowledge about cutting-edge technologies, policies, and trends. Join our team and help turn ideas into real impacts!
- The Energy Analyst will work on clean energy, energy efficiency, and energy management programs serving the manufacturing and commercial buildings sectors. This position offers an opportunity to support both national and global programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports clean energy stakeholder engagement programs for domestic and international clients
- Prepares and maintains program materials, communications, reports, etc.
- Collects R&D project and program information, maintains master project database, and drafts program web content.
- Synthesizes technical information for technical and non-technical audiences
- Develops and contributes to technical communications (presentations, fact sheets, reports, briefings)
- Supports program administration, participant management and engagement, and tracking
- Conducts data-related research and analysis of building sector energy consumption, trends, and energy and cost savings benefits of energy efficiency technologies.
- Updates and maintains database of building energy-related statistics, analyses, and supporting materials used for external communications.
- Supports in person and virtual meetings with clients and stakeholders, including but not limited to preparing meeting materials, scheduling meetings, assisting the meeting facilitator, and summarizing proceedings
- Provides project management support
- Conducts internet and literature research
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- 5-7 years’ work experience (including internships) in a relevant field (or 3-5 years’ experience plus a master’s degree)
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, science, policy, or economics field
- Interest in energy efficiency and clean energy
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- Strong analytical (quantitative and qualitative), problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Successful when working on self-managed tasks
- Team player and self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of energy efficiency or energy management systems in industrial or commercial facilities
- Experience in government consulting, supporting government organizations, public-private partnerships, or stakeholder engagement
- Project management experience
- Proficiency in data visualization projects and related software (e.g., Tableau, ArcGIS, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Access
- Proficient in running web meeting platforms, e.g., GoToMeeting, Zoom, Teams
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia, MD, USA