Manager, Human Resources
The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for providing Human Resources support to the Federal and Defense Services division partnering with all levels of leaders to support the building and scaling of a high-performance culture. This role will specialize in managing a diverse and complex workforce with an emphasis on commercial and government contracting sectors, Service Contract Act (SCA), union and non-union environments, and multi-state locations. The HR Leader will act as the main point of contact for business leaders in all operational HR matters and provide guidance on performance management, training and development, along with employee relations, new hire onboarding, terminations, and layoffs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement programs to support engagement, growth, and retention of the Federal and Defense Services team members
- Support the annual performance review process, talent review, and compensation planning
- Partner with areas of HR expertise for support with creating and operationalizing strategic initiatives to support business unit goals
- Provide coaching and development to leaders that coincides with VSE’s culture
- Partner with leadership to manage employee relations activities
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommend best practices to ensure compliance
- Possess knowledge, experience and ensures compliance with Service Contract Act (SCA), Davis Bacon Act (DBA) and Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA)
- Participate in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process and provides Human Resources information and expertise related to proposals
- Provide support with internal communications and works with appropriate stakeholders on relevant internal communication efforts
- Analyze metrics and trends and partners with Compensation and Benefits to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent. Uses data to make recommendations related to various markets related to internal equity and job analysis
- Provide support in implementing key HR initiatives to address organizational issues.
- Assist in the designing and delivery of targeted solutions, including strategic planning, visioning, change management, and team building.
- Assist with drafting responses to the Department of Labor Audits and Union grievances.
- Participate in developing HR’s strategic direction relevant to the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Partner with Senior Leadership team on succession planning, skills assessment, and development
- Review and analyze business metrics to include data on retention and employee experience to recommend systemic improvements
- Partner with talent acquisition to build a sustainable pipeline of talent for current and potential contract wins
- Lead, mentor and provide guidance to HR team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s level degree in business administration, human resources or a related discipline or equivalent years of experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in a specialized human resources position and 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- Experience working in Government Contracting to include experience with SCA, DBA, Wage Determination, Fringe Benefits and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Proven experience in employee relations, labor relations with both internal and external audit.
- Human Resources experience in a public company environment.
- Experience supporting over 400 domestic employees in a dispersed multi-state environment.
- Proven conflict resolution skills to reach satisfactory resolutions of labor relations problems & employee relations issues
- HRCI or SHRM certification
- Master's degree in business administration, human resources, or a related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in a specialized human resources position and 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- The selected applicant must be able to travel 20% of the time on an annual basis.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Sunday, November 6, 2022
- Alexandria, VA, USA