Assistive Technology Technical Writer II
SUMMARY: VSE is seeking an Assertive Technology (AT) Expert to support the Social Security Administration (SSA) developing training material for agency personnel. The team is responsible for the development, revision, and retention of training material designed specifically to support the agency’s Employees with Disabilities (EWD) who use AT. The AT Support Team must review, revise, and update its existing "disability-specific" curricula to ensure it is current, reflecting the versions of AT used by the agency, as well changes to programmatic applications, and COTS products used by employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, revise, and maintain related SharePoint and Intranet pages
- Develop navigation material by adapting existing training material designed for non-disabled users for use by visually, mobility, and cognitively impaired employees
- Create original navigation material where no suitable navigation material currently exists
- Review, revise, update, and maintain existing training materials as needed (i.e., new or modified versions of the AT, COTS applications, or SSA applications)
- Create, produce, and record scripts for audio or video training material (i.e., DAISY training, audio on demand (AOD) lessons, video on demand (VOD) lessons, and Interactive Video Teletraining (IVT) lessons).
- Evaluate, provide analysis, and report on technologies, methodologies, and processes related to the development of training material for AT users.
- Conduct informal accessibility/usability testing of selected agency applications, forms, and materials, and provide analysis of the accessibility/usability and, if necessary, make recommendations to improve accessibility/usability
- Perform testing of emerging and prototype technologies, methodologies, and processes related to the navigation support material
- Prepare and present demonstrations, technical briefings, and seminars on support initiatives including emerging technologies, methodologies, and processes.
- Respond to training related inquiries regarding technologies, methodologies, and processes
- Work with application developers, subject matter experts, and other SSA components to ensure accuracy of all created and revised EWD training material
- Work with webmasters, developers, subject matter experts, and other personnel to ensure correct functionality of all created, revised, and maintained Intranet sites and pages
- Prepare all textual deliverables or work products using Microsoft Office applications
- Provide a weekly and monthly status report (via email, conference call, or meeting), in addition to any work products and formal deliverables that have reached their target completion date and time, unless requested otherwise.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- Associate degree
- Possess at least (1) year of experience using the current versions of the following AT software:
- JAWS (Version 18 or higher)
- Magic/ZoomText (Version 14 or higher), and - Dragon Naturally Speaking (Version 14 or higher)
- At least (1) year of experience with the following skills
- Technical writing
- Developing, adapting, and revising training material
- Experience in developing and maintaining/SharePoint pages/sites
- Familiarity with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience in A.T. documentation or training preferred
- Basic knowledge of MS Project
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baltimore, MD, USA