SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for the shipping and receiving components of our operation. This candidate will handle both shipping and receiving duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Print daily sales receipts and cross-check with computer software to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs
- Assemble and fill boxes and other cartons with items that need to be shipped
- Affix proper postage to each package in preparation for shipping
- Track inventory and report any shortages to sales team so we can update the website
- Process orders based on the buyer’s preferred shipping system (e.g. USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Contact carrier and schedule shipping for each package
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as need
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Inspect parts before shipping/receiving into inventory
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- HAZMAT Experience a PLUS
- Must have a valid drivers license
**Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand on feet for 8 hour periods
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerk
- Pay Type Hourly
- Augusta, KS 67010, USA