Boat Captain (Contingent)
VSE has a contingent requirement for five (5) Boat Captains to support a potential Navy customer in Norfolk, VA. Qualified applicants may be considered for inclusion in an upcoming proposal.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of each Boat Captain include but are not limited to:
· Commanding U.S. Navy small watercraft of various sizes preparing for or undergoing testing, trials, and safety evaluations; perform range support and chase boat operations.
o During such watercraft operations, conduct pre-launch checks, safely complete planned missions, and upon recovery, conduct post operational checks, return watercraft to a storage condition, and document operational concerns and/or issues
· Proficient with planning and executing maritime operations including support for U.S. Navy sea-trials.
· Steers and operates vessels using radios, depth finders, lights, and buoys.
· Must be able to safely operate vessels in all weather conditions.
· Must be familiar with all marine, Federal, Coast Guard, State, and local rules and regulations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES), ETC.):
· Education: High School Diploma
· Certification: Current United States Merchant Mariner Credential with endorsement for Master of 25 tons or greater
o Minimum of five years’ experience working with military small watercraft including:
§ High speed rough water operation of military small watercraft
§ Military, commercial, or emergency diving operation support
§ Emergency salvage and rescue operation support
§ Maritime operations planning and execution
· Security Clearance: SECRET
· Citizenship: U.S.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDE LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SECURITY CLEARANCE, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS, ETC.):
· Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Norfolk, VA, USA