Help Desk Specialist
Summary: The selected candidate will provide detailed call/problem documentation of reported incidents utilizing Change, Asset and Problem Reporting in the ticketing system. Problem reporting in the ticketing system is required in both real-time voice and emergency notifications. The candidate will identify and report on a wide variety of hardware, software, mainframe access and print problem determination/escalation. Additionally, the individual will dispatch all vendor hardware tickets as established by previously defined priority levels.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide detailed call/problem documentation of reported incidents utilizing Change, Asset and Problem Reporting System (CAPRS).
- Issue problem reporting in the CAPRS is required in both real-time voice and emergency notifications.
- Identify and report on a wide variety of hardware, software, mainframe access and print problem determination/escalation.
- Initiate dispatch on all vendor hardware tickets as established by previously defined priority levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year Call Center Experience
- Active Comp TIA A+ or HDI-CSR Certification
- Minimum 1-year Windows Operating System workstation/server experience
- Minimum 1-year Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2.0 experience
- Minimum 1-year Microsoft Exchange/Outlook client/server applications experience
- Minimum 1-year TCP/IP
- Minimum 1-year High speed Backbone Network Service (VBNS) experience
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Minimum VoIP and Cisco routers
- The candidate will also be required to become proficient in the use of CAPRS that is used by the agency to detail reported incidents within 2-4 weeks of joining the company.
- Selected candidate must be able to pass a background check and be eligible to receive a Public Trust level clearance. We will facilitate the clearance process, but the candidate will not be able to begin work until the clearance process is complete (generally 4-5 weeks).
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Computer Support Specialist
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Durham, NC, USA