Preschool Special Education Teacher
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Preschool Special Education Teacher
The Teacher implements instruction based on The Creative Curriculum and Prekindergarten Performance Standards, NYC aligned with children’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals and objectives. Adheres to the professional standards recommended by the National Association for the Education of Young Children to maintain accreditation.
Our early learning center is a vibrant and nurturing special education preschool. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/belc
Location: 1887 Bathgate Ave, Bronx NY 10457
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more. Staff at the BELC also enjoy a convenient weekday schedule (Monday to Friday) that follows a school calendar.
M.S. in Special Education. New York State teacher certification in Special Education K-12, an internship or emergency COVID certificate, initial or professional certification in Students with Disabilities, Birth-Grade 2.
Teacher Principal Responsibilities:
- Implement the Creative Curriculum.
- Supervise the activities and assignment of the teacher assistants with individual children or groups of children in the classroom.
- Write Individualized Education Programs (IEP) and monitor children’s progress in goal areas.
- Write annual IEP goals for children and Quarterly reports to parents on children’s progress.
- Implement instructional (e.g., Applied Behavior Analysis, ESL) and behavioral (group and individual) strategies and methodology in the classroom.
- Collect and monitor data related to individualized behavior plans, IEPs, children’s attendance, and other instructional and administrative areas as needed.
- Attend team meetings and CPSE conferences as needed.
- Make parent contacts, provide for transition of instruction to home, and invite parents for school visits.
- Implement the policies and procedures contained in the Early Learning Center manuals.
- Supervise classroom teacher assistants.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-Greater New York, unless you have been approved by VOA-Greater New York for a medical or religious exception to this requirement.
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Early Childhood Development - Education
- Job Function Education
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $65,314.00
- Max Hiring Rate $79,592.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Bronx Early Learning Center, 1887 Bathgate Avenue, Bronx, New York, United States of America
- Bronx, NY, USA