Occupational Therapist (Preschool)
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Occupational Therapist (Preschool)
The Occupational Therapist provides occupational therapy treatment to children in the pre-school setting, performs occupational therapy assessments, supervises Occupational Therapy Assistants and students.
Our early learning center is a vibrant and nurturing special education preschool. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/belc
Location: 1887 Bathgate Avenue, Bronx NY 10457
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more. Staff at the BELC also enjoy a convenient weekday schedule (Monday to Friday) that follows a school calendar.
Master’s Degree in occupational therapy, a New York State License, NBCOT certification, experience and/or training in pediatrics.
Occupational Therapist Principal Responsibilities:
- Implements the occupational therapy intervention plan directly or in collaboration with others.
- Screens and evaluates children to obtain and interpret data necessary for planning intervention and for treatment planning. Performs advanced, specialized evaluations or assessments as indicated by an individual child’s needs.
- Documents services as required by Volunteers of America as well as third party payers.
- Follows to the Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as well as Volunteers of America policies and procedures.
- Maintains treatment areas, and equipment as required.
- Supervises occupational therapy practitioners (OTA’s), occupational therapy students and other staff performing supportive services as a part of service provision.
- Participate in professional development activities as mandated by the Volunteers of America and by the requirements for the continuation of occupational therapy licensure.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-Greater New York, unless you have been approved by VOA-Greater New York for a medical or religious exception to this requirement.
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Early Childhood Development - Therapy
- Job Function Therapy - Physical/Occupational/Speech
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $77,512.00
- Max Hiring Rate $84,253.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Bronx Early Learning Center, 1887 Bathgate Avenue, Bronx, New York, United States of America
- Bronx, NY, USA