Front Desk Security Supervisor
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
Position: Front Desk Security Supervisor - Various Shifts
The Front Desk Supervisor coordinates the operation of the program during the assigned shift.
High school diploma or GED preferred plus one year relevant experience working in a similar capacity in a social services setting. Must possess good interpersonal skills and basic computer knowledge. Certifications in security required and Fire Safety (F-80) obtained within 3 months of hire.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Directs all front desk staff activities to ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
2. Ensure proper documentation of front desk activities.
3. Provide emergency assistance to residents as needed and supervise incident management system.
4. Monitor building safety.
5. Conduct rounds at residence as assigned
6. Perform other related duties as requested
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. Front desk activities are performed accurately and completely.
2. Front desk activities are accurately documented.
3. Emergency resident needs are met and incidents properly documented.
4. Building safety is monitored and maintained.
5. Emergency situations are responded to according to agency policy.
6. All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in a transitional residence environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers, clients and/or vendors. This is an active position and requires sitting, standing and walking. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full – time position.
- Job Family Front Desk/Reception
- Job Function Reception
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.63
- Max Hiring Rate $21.63
- Required Education High School
- Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Legacy Family Residence, 108-75 Avenue D, Brooklyn, New York, United States of America