Customer Care Worker
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Customer Care Worker
The Customer Care Worker meets the needs of the program clients and promotes client participation in services leading to successful graduation to independent living. Customer Care Workers perform a wide variety of tasks including engaging clients in services, protecting client rights, promoting client and co-worker safety, transporting clients to appointments, and ensuring client adherence to rules and program activities.
Cromwell Avenue Safe Haven is a facility that provides temporary housing, nutritious meals, clean clothing, counseling groups and case management services to formerly homeless men. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/housing
Location: 1365 Cromwell Avenue • Bronx, NY 10452
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
High school diploma or GED preferred plus one year relevant experience. Clean and valid driver’s license preferred.
Customer Care Worker Principal Responsibilities:
- Oversee client participation in daily program activities, monitor observance of client’s rights and client adherence to program rules and routines
- Escort clients to appointments, manage bed assignments, collect census data, distribute linens and supplies, manage access booth and update log book
- Accept new clients in electronic records database
- Provide optimal customer service while issuing meal cards, mail, medication, lockers and toiletries
- Make scheduled rounds of assigned areas to safeguard clients and property and promote appropriate behavior.
- Provide emergency response including crisis management, first aid, CPR and fire response as needed
- Complete Incident Reports as outlined by the Program Manual and Funder guidelines. Report any instances of violations of client rights, incidents involving clients’ non-compliance of rules and regulations and any criminal activity promptly to the Operations Manager
- Drive agency vehicles to transport clients, if assigned
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-Greater New York, unless you have been approved by VOA-Greater New York for a medical or religious exception to this requirement.
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.30
- Max Hiring Rate $15.30
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Bronx, NY, USA
- Cromwell Ave Safe Haven, 1365 Cromwell Ave, Bronx, New York, United States of America