Billing Contract Specialist
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Billing Contract Specialist
The Billing Contract Specialist will prepare assigned billings and have knowledge of all billing policies and systems ensuring consistency and accuracy of all agency claims. Applies sound billing practices for preparing bills and reconciliation to be reviewed by management. Advises the Senior Billing Contract Specialist of any billing concerns impacting cash flow.
Location: 135 West 50th Street • New York, NY 10020
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
To learn more about Volunteers of America-GNY, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/our-services
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, plus two years relevant billing experience. Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet applications and word processing required. This position requires the ability to successfully manage multiple projects under deadlines.
Billing Contract Specialist Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare and reconcile billing worksheets to corresponding cost centers.
- Prepare billing re-submissions as required.
- Billings are timely and successfully submitted through funder portals.
- Verify all billed expenses are within the correct accounting period.
- Research and understand all government funder billing guidelines and cost manuals.
- Propose timely journal entries in consultation with the Sr. Billing Contract Specialist.
- Track billing and payment information.
- Gather adequate backup documentation and review to ensure expenses are fully supported.
- Perform other related duties as required.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Accounting
- Job Function Budgets/Contracts/Billing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.49
- Max Hiring Rate $25.49
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 135 W 50th St, New York, NY 10020, USA
- New York, NY, USA