Manager of Special Projects
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Manager of Special Projects
The Manager of Special Projects plays a critical role by providing exceptional project management support to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Programs to ensure projects are moved from conceptualization to completion. This position will manage key projects and deliverables to support the SVP propel these initiatives across the organization to successful completion. S/he will coordinate all phases of project management including planning, executing, monitoring and closing. S/he will work closely with the SVP on communications and correspondence and will serve as a liaison on key initiatives with strategic partners both within and outside of the organization. This is an administrative role that operates closely with and at the direction of the SVP with a range of staff responsibilities.
Location: 135 West 50th Street • New York, NY 10020
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
To learn more about Volunteers of America-GNY, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/our-services
Bachelor’s degree with 3 years experience as a member of an executive management or project management team, or satisfactory combination of education and experience. He or she will have experience working with senior executives, and will have excellent computer, organizational, and administrative skills. Excellence in the areas of initiative, leadership and sound judgement.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management and organizational skills, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Excellent time management, and the ability to work appropriately with confidential and/or sensitive information. Other knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work well within a setting that includes a wide array of policies, processes, diverse individuals, and groups. Excellent customer service and must be extremely detailed-oriented.
- Superior writing and proofreading skills. Ability to synthesize writing from various writers into one writing with one voice.
- Ability to work effectively independently, while successfully managing multiple projects and balance multiple priorities while maintaining a positive outlook and to work effectively in a team environment.
Manager of Special Projects Principal Responsibilities:
- Supports the Senior Vice President of Programs on future focused and high-priority organizational initiatives and handles assigned projects.
- Serves as a liaison for the Senior Vice President of Programs for a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- In cooperation with the Senior Vice President of Programs, and the senior leadership team, provides support for strategic planning and analysis, including preparation of the strategic plan document.
- Researches, compiles and prepares various data for reports and analysis
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Administration
- Job Function Administrative Support
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $87,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $87,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- New York, NY, USA