Maintenance Worker III - Superintendent
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Maintenance Worker III
The Maintenance Worker III is responsible for the overall maintenance of the facility. This role must be available for emergencies.
Jamaica Women’s Employment Shelter is a transitional shelter for women who are experiencing homelessness and are employed or deemed employable, and; referred by the New York City Department of Homeless Services (DHS). To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/housing
Location: 95–10 218th Street • Queens Village, NY 11429
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
High School Diploma and three years related experience in building maintenance with one year of supervisory experience; or satisfactory combination of related experience and specialized education or training. Basic computer skills.
- S-12: City Wide Sprinkler Systems / S-11 Residential Sprinkler Systems
- S-13: City Wide Standpipe Systems
- S-95: Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and other related systems
- P-98: Fuel-oil Piping and Storage Systems
- F-80: Coordinator of Fire Safety and Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters
- Recruit, train and supervise maintenance staff.
- Prepare and carry out a preventative maintenance plan which includes all fire safety, OSHA, and other systems requirements.
- Manage work orders.
- Track property maintenance, work orders, inventory, and purchases in computerized maintenance system.
- Respond to emergency calls outside regular work hours.
- Assist in preparation of capital budget.
- Ensure all Regulatory inspections are performed on time and filed.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Real Estate - Property Management
- Job Function Property Maintenance
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $58,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $58,500.00
- Required Education High School
- Jamaica Women's Employment Shelter, 95-10 218th Street, Queens Village, New York, United States of America
- Jamaica, Queens, NY, USA