Financial Literacy Benefit Advisor/Senior Case Manager
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Financial Literacy Benefit Advisor/Senior Case Manager
The Financial Literacy Benefits Advisor/Senior Case Manager will assist veterans with managing their finances to help facilitate financial understanding and freedom. The Financial Literacy Benefits Advisor will work with the veteran family on setting financial goals, reducing debt, and developing strategies to increase their savings and income.
Through the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF), a community-based outreach program, we identify low-income veteran households and connect them with a range of supportive services to promote housing stability and prevent homelessness. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/ssvf
Location: 349 E 149th Street 8th Floor • Bronx, NY 10451
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
Bachelor’s degree or 60 college credits in the Human Services field plus two years of experience in a related field or a satisfactory combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Veterans are encouraged to apply. Strong written, and verbal communication, as well as strong computer skills are required for this position.
The position requires a demonstrated ability to assess the client’s current financial situation competently. Must have the necessary skill set to empathize with clients about their financial situation while providing motivation and moving clients toward positive action.
Financial Literacy Benefit Advisor/Senior Case Manager Principal Responsibilities:
- Conduct client financial coaching through one-on-one, couple, or small group sessions.
- Competently assess clients’ current financial situation by reviewing their income, assets, and debts.
- Provide resources on financial management concepts such as how to understand credit, manage and reduce debt, and prepare a household budget
- Analyze the financial information provided to create plans for achieving their financial objective.
- Conduct training in money management, budgeting, reducing debt, and savings. Provides group education and other activities for current or prospective program clients (may host Teams or ZOOM groups or classes for clients).
- Conduct outreach and referral to third-party payee and representative payee service providers.
- Provide referrals and general guidance to support veterans interested in planning for retirement.
- Document change the s to the financial situation to reassess client goals.
- Put financial strategies into action.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.45
- Max Hiring Rate $22.45
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Bronx, NY, USA
- SSVF Shallow Subsidy, 349 East 149th Street, Bronx, New York, United States of America