Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
The Residence Manager is responsible for supporting the Program Director in accordance with Volunteers of America and the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health, and Addictions Services regulations. The Residence Manager has direct responsibility to supervise assigned staff, oversee program operations, including the care of the physical plant and delivery of services to service recipients.
Bay City Residence is a residential health care facility licensed by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs that serves consumers with psychiatric disabilities and co-occurring medical issues who have been discharged from a State psychiatric hospital. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/new-jersey-behavioral-health
Location: 265 Rector Street • Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health related discipline plus two years of related work or life experience in a residential mental health setting. This position shall also have a valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets agency policies.
Residence Manager Principal Responsibilities:
- On-site services, support, and oversight of their provision by staff, including residential counseling.
- Conducting assessments and evaluations.
- Ensuring the provision of recreational and/or socialization activities.
- Crisis intervention services (but not including crisis intervention counseling).
- Development of initial and comprehensive service plans.
- Staff scheduling, training, and orientation.
- Facility management.
- Provision of 24/7 on-call consultation and support under the direction of the program manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family CASE MANAGEMENT
- Job Function Counseling
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $63,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $63,000.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Bay City Residence, 265 Rector St, Perth Amboy, New Jersey, United States of America
- Perth Amboy, NJ, USA