Administrative Assistant I
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is an anti-poverty organization working to end homelessness in the New York area by 2050. We operate over 60 programs across New York City, Northern New Jersey and Westchester County including emergency, transitional and permanent housing. Our services extend to families experiencing homelessness, survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, youth aging out of foster care, adults with behavioral health or substance use needs, and others in need, including a special education preschool program.
We are in search of new talent in the following position…
Position: Administrative Assistant I
The Administrative Assistant I is responsible for the completion of assigned office and administrative tasks. Maintains confidentiality of client, employee, and financial information.
New Hope Shelter is a program that provides comprehensive services and safe, anonymous housing for individuals and their children experiencing domestic violence. To learn more about the program, copy and paste this link into a browser https://www.voa-gny.org/dv
Employees receive an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, life insurance, a retirement plan, paid personal leave, and much more.
60 college credits plus two years experience in a related field or a satisfactory combination of education and experience. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, business writing skills, the ability to work well with others, and prioritize and take initiative. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Administrative Assistant I Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage the management of day-to-day office functions, equipment maintenance, and janitorial activities.
- Coordinate paper and electronic documentation, including receiving, routing, and filing of invoices, reports, correspondences, contracts, and forms.
- Prepare reports, correspondences, purchase orders and forms and ensure timely and accurate reporting within the program and to outside entities.
- Assist Program Director with daily tasks.
- Act as a liaison between program and IT department.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To learn more about VOA-Greater New York, copy and paste this link into a browser: https://www.voa-gny.org/about
Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-Greater New York, unless you have been approved by VOA-Greater New York for a medical or religious exception to this requirement.
VOA-Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories. Apply today!
- Job Family Program Services - Administrative Support
- Job Function Administrative Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.23
- Max Hiring Rate $19.23
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Brooklyn, NY, USA