Marketing and Communications Manager
JOB TITLE: Marketing and Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: Market Sales Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYEE LEVEL: 2 (Exempt, Individual Contributor)
OVERVIEW: The Marketing and Communication Manager is responsible for creating demand for the location’s services, through effective application of marketing and sales principals. In collaboration with the Business Development Team, the Marketing and Communication Manager presents a positive and professional public image of the location within the community. Work will include interacting with community partners, driving external engagement, content creation, and thoughtful marketing programs to elevate the profile of the company and support the organization’s priorities.
Successful candidates for this position must show an understanding of a “public affairs” approach to the work, seamlessly integrating interactions with local agencies, organizations, and community groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with internal teams to market current and new programs.
- Coordinate company promotional activities with the Business Development Team.
- Visiting with facilities, establishing meetings, attending conferences/marketing events, distributing company literature, and developing relationships in the community.
- Maintaining brand standards. Creating, editing, and publishing marketing materials that will be utilized for building/maintaining relationships for our treatment programs.
- Research opportunities to exhibit and promote services directly.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all external affairs needs, including media inquiries, site visit and event request.
- As required by the Market Sales Director, and facility needs, participate in off-hours sales and community activities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field required.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Ability to build relationships, solve problems and follow-up with customers.
- Experience working in a behavioral health environment is a plus.
- Public relations experience is a plus.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical Demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 25 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk; hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Hybrid. This role may require travel and off hours scheduling.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as necessary. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to a reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Telecommute % 50
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Memphis, TN, USA