RCM- Coding Educator/MIPS Coordinator
Charlotte, NC, USA ● Virtual Req #1326
Friday, January 20, 2023
US Radiology is one of the largest and most progressive radiology groups in the country. Our mission is to make the best of radiology better to improve lives. With over 3,100 team members and 145 outpatient imaging centers across 14 states, our team conducts nearly 6 million studies annually. US Radiology is a partnership of leading sub-specialized radiology groups, high-quality imaging centers and health systems built around a commitment to best-in-class clinical excellence, operations, infrastructure, and state-of-the-art technology.
US Radiology Specialists invites you to join our Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) team. This role may be based in Charlotte or Remote.
Reporting directly to the Coding Director, the Coding Educator / MIPS Coordinator will develop an education, tracking and feedback program for the RCM Coding department as well as manage the enterprise MIPS program.
- Communicate documentation improvement and develop coding education
- Monitors coding trends and provides feedback to coders
- Development and delivery of coder training curriculum to include onshore and offshore coding teams
- Monitor incoming reports for trends that could impact reimbursement
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of governmental and managed care policies and procedures.
- Manages MIPS program to include documentation review, ongoing result updates and facilitate end of year submission
- Collaborates with practice administrator and physician liaison to ensure success with MIPS program
- Prepares and conducts physician education related to coding and MIPS
- Other general office tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft based products with significant experience with Microsoft Power Point
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills
- Flexible attitude and ability to change task quickly
- Customer focused, team-oriented and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality with patient information
- High School Diploma or GED, college degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in a medical billing office or similar environment preferred
- CPC or RCC required
- At least 2 year of Radiology coding education experience
- At least 2 year of MIPS experience
US Radiology provides a competitive compensation program to attract, retain, and motivate a high-performance workforce.
US Radiology is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job Family Revenue Cycle Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA