RCM - Patient Experience- Customer Service Specialist
US Radiology is one of the largest and most progressive radiology groups in the country. Our mission is to make the best of radiology better to improve lives. With over 3,100 team members and 145 outpatient imaging centers across 14 states, our team conducts nearly 6 million studies annually. US Radiology is a partnership of leading sub-specialized radiology groups, high-quality imaging centers and health systems built around a commitment to best-in-class clinical excellence, operations, infrastructure, and state-of-the-art technology.
We would love for you to join our Revenue Cycle Management team!
We offer a competitive base pay, eligibility for quarterly bonuses and an excellent benefits program.
We’re seeking customer service professionals to answer incoming calls from patients and insurance companies. You will assist with processing payments, resolving disputes, and filing medical claims. As a member of the Patient Experience team, you will:
- Answer and/or forward incoming phone calls from patients and insurance representatives in a timely manner, providing quality customer service phone support
- Provide patients / insurance representatives with accurate information regarding their account status and resolve any questions, process payments, and follow up on accounts in a timely manner
- Work online payer systems to check for claim status and eligibility as needed
- Work correspondence / returned mail to ensure patient and insurance requests are being worked in a timely manner
- Maintain productivity goals and meet deadlines set by the AR Supervisor
- Handle escalated calls in a professional manner
Other duties including AR projects as assigned
What you bring:
Required Experience/Knowledge:Telephone customer service experience, familiarity with multiple phone lines and ability to manage high call volumes, computer literate with the ability to work between multiple computer systems, excellent verbal and written customer service skills, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, good judgement and decision-making skills, ability to work both independently and in a team
Preferred or Desired Experience/Knowledge: Call center experience and prior medical billing and/or medical terminology experience and a basic understanding of how insurance processes medical claims
Education:High School diploma or equivalent education/experience
Work Environment: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day; high volume telephone customer service. This is an in-office position - no remote work
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment, multi-line telephone, computer, fax, copiers, printers, etc.
What's in it for you: You will share in the US Radiology mission to make radiology better to improve lives. We offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Telehealth, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program and 401k Retirement Savings
US Radiology provides a competitive compensation program to attract, retain, and motivate a high-performance workforce.
US Radiology is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job Family Revenue Cycle Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator RCM
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Charlotte, NC, USA