Sr Manager, Capital Planning and Facilities (Commercial Real Estate Analyst)
The Senior Manager, Capital Planning & Facilities will assist in determining, articulating, and executing business vision, mission, strategies and tactics for future real estate growth and capital expenditures University-wide. He/she will act as a liaison for matters of importance and assumes responsibility for prioritizing projects and facilitating timely execution of strategic facilities and capital planning imperatives related to real estate. The individual is also responsible for managing the design, planning, construction, and maintenance of the Miami campus. For the Miami campus, the position oversees the planning, budgeting, and scheduling of facility preventive maintenance programs, capital renovations, and space expansions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Capital Planning (University-wide)
- Complete and maintain University-wide campus utilization assessments.
- Responsible for University-wide space planning and assignments with input from the campuses.
- Recommend long term (5 year) investment plan for University-wide real estate projects.
- Provide strategic and operational level support for capital development initiatives.
- Project manager management of real estate projects in Miami and as assigned from the other campuses.
Facilities & Operations (Miami)
- Prepare and submit operating budgets and long and short-term capital renewal plans.
- Serve as point of contact for property management and landlords regarding building issues and maintenance.
- Prepare, evaluate, and execute facilities project work for all departments and related business concerns.
- Direct maintenance, repairs, and capital improvements of assigned campus facilities.
- Initiate effective maintenance programs including the preparation, review, and execution of contract documents for facilities equipment, including HVAC, electrical systems, roofing & waterproofing, pest control, landscaping and irrigation as needed.
- Oversee campus parking program, if applicable, and ensure service contracts meet all compliance standards and specifications for custodial operations, HVAC, landscape maintenance and pest control.
Emergency Response & Campus Safety (Miami)
- Serve as member of the campus emergency response team.
- Manage all facilities emergency preparedness activities.
- Monitor weather for appropriate response; ensure compliance with governing authorities and local jurisdictions such as Police and Fire Departments.
- Serve as first responder to after-hours emergency maintenance or repair needs.
- Oversee detailed records to facilitate insurance claims.
- Assist and coordinate with the Director of Safety and Security to implement security protocols, secure contractors as needed and oversee local building card access, security systems and fire alarm systems.
- Address campus safety and environmental issues in collaboration with other department leadership across the campus
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
This position will be located in Miami, Florida and require travel to university campuses and other domestic locations as needed to execute the function.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Campus Operations & Facilities
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Facilities Supervisors and/or Technicians; Contractors and/or Vendors
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- Five to seven years business experience including complex organizations
- Exposure to a service-oriented, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Direct exposure to and collaboration with C-level executives and leadership team. Understanding functional demands and organizational politics and culture.
- Strategic conceptualization and operational implementation of critical initiatives. Demonstrated history of managing complex projects.
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, security/fire systems, card access and building code / compliance issues.
- Direct HVAC experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS Word and Excel. MS Project desired
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
- Strong communicator and collaborator capable of effectively presenting ideas, clearly stating recommendations, and influencing stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Judgement and agility to quickly understand issues, determine urgency, and mobilize appropriate resources
- Analytical capabilities, creativity and tenacity to assess and solve issues quickly
- Ability to assess organizational needs, clarifying processes, and identifying opportunities for greater effectiveness; create relevant plans and setting goals to improve operations.
- Interpersonal skills to establish trust; build effective relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Maturity and integrity to manage confidential information appropriately
- Ability to effectively handle complex situations, conflicts and issues; build consensus; sensitivity to organizational culture
- Ability to drive change, influence individuals at all levels of the organization
- Self-confident executive with strong initiative and ownership
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong project management skills
- Belief in the vision and mission of the university
Work is performed in a combination of classroom and office environment, plus wet lab and grounds. Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands; climb and carry ladders and work with hand and power tools. Must be able to lift 50lbs. Occasional travel required to local businesses to obtain supplies and materials.
- Job Family Facility Services/Maintenance
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $79,300.00
- Max Hiring Rate $111,510.00
- Miami, FL, USA