Manager, Simulation Education, DPT Programs
The Manager, Simulation Education provides vision, leadership, and coordination for integration of simulation and other innovative and immersive technology approaches across the USAHS program curriculum, including interprofessional education initiatives. S/he collaboratively leads teams to identify, develop, and implement educationally impactful simulation events that align with institutional, program, and course objectives. S/he ensures effectiveness of simulation and related technologies by developing, implementing, and monitoring assessment standards. This individual works collaboratively with the leadership, faculty, and staff across the institution to ensure evidence-based clinical standards and simulation best practices are reflected in all simulation activities, and to provide support, training, and mentoring to instructional teams. The Manager is also responsible for oversight of operational management of the CICP on the assigned campus, including staff supervision, center oversight, assessment, and administration of campus-based simulation activities to ensure academic quality, student learning, and excellence in customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides coordination, project vision, and collaborative leadership to develop quality simulations that are aligned with program and course objectives.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the design, develop, and integrate simulation experiences within the assigned program.
- Collaborates with faculty and academic leadership to integrate standardized simulation experiences and immersive educational technology approaches consistently across all campus and course instances.
- Supports faculty with mentoring, training, and consultation to integrate simulation experiences and learning technologies into course sections.
- Collaborates with digital media instructional design team to develop, script, and record media-rich digital learning assets for simulation activities.
- Facilitates comprehensive evaluations of CICP initiatives to promote growth and development.
- Reports on program activities, standards, accreditation requirements, external meetings, educational concerns, and student/staff successes.
- Collects data on learning outcomes for educational technology integrations and collaborates with faculty/staff educators on disseminating findings through peer-reviewed publications.
- Develops, delivers, and continuously improves the training opportunities and instructional materials available to faculty, CICP staff, students, and standardized patients.
- Demonstrates effective skills and best practices for facilitating and debriefing simulation experiences.
- Disseminates information regarding clinical simulation activities both internally (USAHS in-services, conferences, and publications) and externally (participation in appropriate professional organizations) and remains current on simulation trends and research.
- Provides both group and individual mentoring of best practices in simulation and educational technologies to faculty and staff across all disciplines.
- Supports and assists in delivery of immersive experiences (e.g. operation of simulation equipment, operation of AV equipment, embedded participant role-playing, prop placement, moulage, laboratory and hands-on exercises, etc.)
- Oversees the management of the CICP on the designated campus, including oversight of operations, development of and adherence to policies and procedures, supervision of staff, and faculty and learner support.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Sr. Director of Clinical Learning Innovation
Positions Supervised: CICP staff on designated campus
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, health professions or related field with experience in simulation and simulation technology (Degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology preferred).
- At least two years of experience utilizing simulation in online, hybrid, and blended environments.
- Experience as faculty or working with faculty as a peer in health sciences education strongly preferred.
- Experience in simulation-based education and training, evaluation of outcomes, patient safety, and implementation of innovative simulation-based education and training programs necessary, or an equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Must have an understanding of the crucial role of simulation education as an integral part of health science education.
- Knowledge of current issues and best practices for simulation in general and in higher education.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with current simulation technology, pedagogy, best practices, standards, and simulation management software.
- Experience in designing and implementing simulation experiences for students in online, blended, and hybrid programs in higher education.
- Experience providing pedagogical and technical consulting for the design, development, and implementation of simulation scenarios across delivery formats.
- Experience in facilitating and leading educators in the integration of simulation into the educational environments.
- Experience in the administration of simulation experiences and the support of faculty teaching utilizing this teaching methodology in higher education.
- Position requires the ability to work con-currently on several projects while maintaining details and meeting deadlines.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Certification from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (CHSE) preferred, but not mandatory.
Position requires some travel to USAHS campuses; at least 20%
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership - Leads by example when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that raises standards and development of high potential talent.
WORK ENVIRONMENTWork is performed in a standard office, classroom and lab environment, and involves operation and maintenance of skills and simulation equipment, computer equipment, and educational technology. The role requires standard physical demands associated with a lab setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
- Job Family Academic Support
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $68,100.00
- Max Hiring Rate $95,760.00
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Miami, FL, USA
- St. Augustine, FL, USA