Academic Program Assistant (Physical Therapy Programs)
To provide administrative support to the Program Director concerning all aspects of program operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and furnish relevant information about the program for the web site, catalog, accreditation, student and faculty recruitment and marketing operations; prepare, edit, and proofread documents, ensuring quality of all outgoing correspondence.
• Coordinate office procedures including correspondence, appointment scheduling, maintaining program equipment and functions.
• Attend department meetings and any scheduled retreats. Prepare agendas and record minutes and handouts. Distribute minutes on a timely basis.
• Maintain faculty files for the Program Director; process confidential faculty evaluations at the end of each semester.
• Interact with faculty, staff, students, alumni, visitors or outside agencies to relay University information, policies, procedures and activities. This includes mail, email, faxes and telephone messages.
• Prepare, mail-out and compile data from surveys of alumni and their employers.
• Prepare various types of media of course related materials for distribution to students.
• Complete Scantron scoring of course examinations and evaluations; provide reports to faculty.
• Act as a back-up to university receptionist when needed.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by university business manager.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Academic Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: This position has no direct reports but may manage student worker schedules and timesheets, if assigned.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including communicating with tact and discretion.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office products such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of three years of experience as an administrative assistant
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent (bachelor’s degree or vocational training in office skills preferred).
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
• Must have excellent project management skills, the ability to manage competing priorities, and the ability to build and maintain strong partner relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the public, supervisors, students, professional staff/faculty and co-workers.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION: Not applicable
TRAVEL: Position may be required to travel.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
• Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
- Job Family Academic Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Augustine, FL, USA