Manager, Website and Optimization
The Manager, Website and Optimization is responsible for the functionality and performance of the usa.edu website. This role will also guide efforts to better understand, measure, and engage digital audiences and support university priorities. Provides day-to-day website management and supervision for the usa.edu website in accordance with institutional goals, marketing direction and brand strategy. Provides support to university partners on digital platforms, information architecture, web content and design, and website efficiency and performance in partnership with the Sr. Manager, Digital Content and Experience. Requires strong technical ability, visual design capabilities, understanding and analysis of performance metrics, and project management skills to build, support, and expand features of the website. This individual is the primary liaison for the university's web content management system.
This position requires strong proficiency with Search Engine Optimization (SEO); organic search strategy; content optimization; keyword research; website monitoring and user analytics; and link-building. In addition, proficient analytic skills and the ability to connect user behavior and content to the business goals of the site is required. Analytics and performance must be balanced with the visual design and user experience of the website in addition to presentation of the USAHS brand.
Helping to optimize content and maintain SEO best practices, the ideal candidate will impact the growth of visitor traffic, developing new ways to expand, engage and retain our target audience, implement business initiatives, improve the site’s authority on the web, support the USAHS brand and value proposition, and provide users with an exceptional experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for system administration, system architecture, and configuration of the website content management system (CMS).
- Build, refresh and maintain web pages hosted on usa.edu.
- Responsible for overall organization, visual design, content performance, information architecture and functionality of USAHS’s institutional website as well as web properties hosted outside of the website ecosystem.
- Manage the university's search engine optimization (SEO) and conversion rate optimization (CRO) efforts to improve website lead and application generation
- Define success metrics for the site’s content strategy, ensuring that relevant data is collected in analytics and used correctly to identify keyword and content gaps and improve authority, position, visibility, and traffic to owned web properties.
- Leverage web analytics, visitor analytics, and customer data analytics to monitor weekly site performance as well as competitors’, improve the site’s organic search results through tactics such as white-hat link acquisition, interlinking strategies, form optimizations, and technical optimizations to ultimately achieve business objectives.
- Ensure compliance with federal accessibility guidelines (ADA and Section 508).
- Test, monitor and perform quality assurance on all webpages to ensure optimal user experience and performance based on page KPIs (e.g., core web vitals, mobile usability, site speed, conversion rates).
- Establish processes for content audits to improve content quality, ensure accuracy, and eliminate redundant information.
- Identify trends and monitor algorithm updates, industry best practices, and shifts in the competitive landscape.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Travel required up to 10% to local US campuses.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Digital Content and Experience
Positions supervised: None
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field of study.
- 5-8 years relevant website experience including information architecture, design, security and content management.
- Digital agency and or higher education experience preferred
- Experience working with web content management systems (CMS), user experience platforms, and project management tools.
- Experience planning and implementing website redesign projects.
- Expert understanding of web governance principles, regulatory issues, risk management, and best practices.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to form successful working relationships with staff across the university.
- Strong project management skills.
- Expert competency in WordPress, HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency using common web-related productivity and analytics tools as well as project management software tools (E.g., Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, HotSpot, Asana).
- Experience with CRO tools, A/B and multivariate experiments and basic statistical analysis.
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), accessibility requirements, UX, UI, responsive design, site speed, and mobile standards.
- Demonstrated experience working with SEO subject matter experts, content creators, marketers, UI designers, engineers, and data analysts
- Ability to meet project deadlines and commitments and follow directions from senior management
- Experience with blogs and/or content sites
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to complete multiple tasks concurrently and meet established due dates and deadlines; must work with appropriate sense of urgency based on business requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university's mission, vision, and values.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position:
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
- Job Family Marketing/Communications
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $68,100.00
- Max Hiring Rate $95,760.00
- San Marcos, CA, USA